AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The objectives of MFFAM are to advance knowledge on all aspects of sustainable aquaculture and related activities with particular reference to Malaysia and the neighbouring region in order to foster rational development and management of aquaculture and related activities for food, recreation and conservation. The Association aims to meet these targets by organising and participating in meetings, seminars and forums as well as to produce, publish and disseminate latest information on sustainable aquaculture and related issues to its members and the public.
- Provide the latest information on emerging trends on the industry among its members through regular distribution of bulletins and newsletters.
- Conduct aquaculture training and hands-on workshops by a team of industry experts for the benefit of its members and other interested parties.
- Hold annual conferences and seminars on various subjects related to practical aquaculture operations and techniques.
- Engage and affiliate with research institutions and universities to collaborate on practical research, educational and technological development and information exchange.
- Assist its members in carrying out advocacy works at national level.
- Provide information on latest pioneering findings and technological breakthroughs to its members.
- Provide an annual membership directory to aquaculture suppliers.